Anthony Isaacs is a Melbourne based Criminal Law Firm operating in the heart of the legal precinct. We practise solely criminal law and have been helping people charged with criminal offences since 1981.
- We have over 40 years experience successfully representing clients charged with serious offences.
- We solely practise criminal law, giving us expertise in this area.
- Tony is a Law Institute of Victoria Accredited Specialist and a member the LIV Criminal Law Section.
- Usually we charge lump sum fees, so there are no surprises at the conclusion of the case.
- We regularly brief Melbourne’s most experienced criminal Barristers, including leading QCs.
- We have great rapport with Melbourne’s most qualified psychologists, psychiatrists and counsellors.
Anthony, or Tony as he is known, has been practising criminal law in Melbourne for over 40 years. He completed his Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Commerce at Monash University. During his time as a criminal defence lawyer he has encountered every type of case, and has worked with the changing criminal law and legal process in Victoria.
As a lawyer, Tony has sat on a number of committees which aim to promote access to justice. He was a founding member of the Essendon Community Legal Centre (now Moonee Valley Legal Service), which provides free legal advice to members of the local community in need. Anthony is a member of the Law Institute of Victoria and is an accredited LIV Criminal Specialist.
Tony remains as passionate about representing clients as ever, and ensures that our clients always receive advice of the highest quality and the best available defence in their cases. Further, Tony always takes time to explain the criminal process to clients.
Tom has been part of the firm for the past 10 years, working with Tony initially as a law clerk, and now a Solicitor. He studied at Deakin University, completing his Bachelor of Laws with Honours, and undertook his legal training at the Leo Cussen Institute where he was president of his class. Tom is a member of the Law Institute of Victoria.
He appears regularly at Magistrates’ Courts, both metropolitan and in regional Victoria. Further, he instructs in both the County and Supreme Courts in the most serious criminal matters.
Tom prides himself on always making time for clients and ensuring that they fully understand the Court process and what is happening with their case at any stage.
He is thorough in his analysis of the evidence and is an excellent drafter of submissions and negotiations.